Father, I see everything that you do.
Father, I hear everything that you say.
Father, I smell everything that you smell.
Father, I taste everything that you taste.
Father, I sense everything that you feel.
Father, be careful for I follow in your footsteps.Janet N Stover, June 11, 2022
A child imitates what is observed. This observation carries into the teen years and adulthood.
I will guide you in the way of wisdom and I will lead you in upright paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered, and when you run, you will not stumble.Proverbs 4: 11-12 KJV
It is the duty and responsibility of the earthly father to guide in the way of wisdom and lead in upright paths. Metaphorically speaking, one will have the understanding when steps are hampered and stumbles when running. The earthly father will be waiting with open arms and a forgiving heart as the Heavenly Father.
The Parable of the Prodigal Son demonstrates this love a father has for his son [child]. According to Luke 15:20 KJV, “But when was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.”
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
And the posts of they house, and on thy gates.Deuteronomy 6:9 KJV
A small list of Biblical KJV father figures:
- God the Father (Genesis-Revelation)
- Adam the First Man (first of every biological experience, from conception to death including the emotional aspects; Genesis 1:26-5:5)
- Noah A Righteous Man (wickedness filled the earth, instructed to build an ark and remained faithful during the great flood; Genesis 5:29-9:29)
- Abraham Father of the Jewish Nation (Genesis 11:31-25-11, well known children’s song “Father Abraham had many sons…”)
- Jacob Father of the 12 Tribes of Israel(Genesis 25:21-49:33 birthright was taken by trickery and youngest son, Joseph, was sold- Joseph’s story is told as the “Coat of Many Colors”)
- Moses Giver of the Law (Exodus 2:1-Deuteronnomy 33:12 lead a multitude to the promise land while giving God’s laws to the people)
- Joseph Earthly Father of Jesus ( Matthew, Luke raised Jesus as his own even though Jesus was not his biological child)
May you be filled with contentment on this Father’s Day.
2 thoughts on “Father Figures….”
💕 Love this.
Your poem has much wisdom. I see it as a gift to new fathers.